Licensing & Syndication Rights
Any reuse on any medium of any of the cartoons or content on this site needs clearance in writing, please fill in the form on the right. Note also each cartoon has its own form, which can be posted.
All commercial re-uses will normally incur a fee, to be agreed according to the extent and placement of the re-use. Non-commercial re-uses will not generally incur a fee, but permission should be sought all the same.
Zapiro is always keen that his cartoons are published as widely as possible. There are many circumstances where the use of Zapiro cartoons can help you get your message across or increase the sales of your publication.
- syndication for regular use in a newspaper or magazine
- on websites and other promotional materials
- in fan websites dedicated to Zapiro or cartooning in general
- in reports and books to emphasise or illustrate issues
- in printed and online collections of cartoons either by Zapiro or by cartoonists in general.
Whatever your use please only use Zapiro's cartoons for your own website, publication or presentation once you've got his prior consent — they are both his livelihood and his copyright.
Normally permission will be granted quite readily provided that your use doesn't conflict with or misrepresent the message in the cartoon. Sometimes there will be a fee for using the cartoon(s) — particularly for commercial or quasi-commercial purposes.